About Our Programs
Choosing Your Program
modify a program to suit your group’s educational goals or special topic studies.
Feel free to contact our Education and Program Director to discuss tailoring a
program to your needs.
$10.00 per student. Teachers and chaperones are free of charge (1/10 students)
Make A Reservation
What We Need To Know
• Preferred dates
• Number of students, teachers and chaperones (1 adult for every 10
• Times of arrival and departure
• At least one adult is required for every 10 students.
• Maximum group size varies by program.
• Payment by cash, check or credit card is due prior to program.
• Please make checks payable to: A Time for Science
• A deposit of $50.00 is required to secure your field trip. The deposit will be
applied to the balance due of the field trip.
• Cancellations: If a field trip must be cancelled, we will reschedule to the
best of our ability, but cannot guarantee availability. In the case of
questionable weather, A Time for Science will determine whether a
program should be cancelled.
data, compare and classify organisms, and draw conclusions. To help enrich the
experience, A Time for Science can send background information and pre/post
field trip activity suggestions to teachers.
All of our programs have an outdoor component. Students and all accompanying
adults should dress according to the weather. While we may shorten outdoor
portions of a program according to the weather, we go outside unless the
weather is severe.
It is recommended that children wear comfortable, closed toe shoes (no sandals).
Sunscreen and bug repellent are recommended.
Children may get wet and dirty.
Student backpacks are not allowed on the field trips. Adult chaperones may carry
backpacks as necessary.
Cell phone and electronics of any kind are not allowed on field trips.
Teachers and chaperones are required to participate in programs and accompany
students on the outdoor portion of the trip.
All students must be with a chaperone at all times.
We thank you for encouraging your students’ respect for all park staff, property,
and visitors. Groups who exhibit overly disruptive or destructive behavior will not