EVENTSWhat's Happening at A Time For Science
A Time For Science has some exciting options for you and your children during the upcoming school year. Whether you are Zone A, Zone B, or Full Virtual we got you covered!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Outdoor Adventures in Learning offers in person science education, outdoor activity, and virtual learning support for K-5 students. The program will run from August 17, 2020 – December 18, 2020 and consist of one constant group of 15 Zone A or B students who will meet daily at our Grifton Location.
Click your Zone to register now!
Nature Play is a half day camp that will ensure that your kids are outside having fun during their week off from school. The program will run from August 17, 2020 – December 18, 2020 and consist of one constant group of 15 Zone A or B students who will meet daily at our Grifton Location.
Click your Zone to register now!
Pitt County Schools will follow an A/B week schedule. Learning Zone A students will participate in learning experiences at school starting week 1 (August 17, 2020). During this time (week 1) Learning Zone B students will participate in at home virtual learning. Then, the following week (week 2) Zone A and Zone B will swap their learning experiences. This means that during week 2 Zone A students will participate in at home virtual learning while Zone B students will participate in learning experiences at school.
If your student is in Learning Zone A, register for Zone A. Our Zone A programs start on week 2 (August 24, 2020).
If your student is in Learning Zone B, register for Zone B. Our Zone B programs start on week 1 (August 17, 2020).
If your are Full Virtual, have your pick. Or even pick both!
To ensure that we limit the exposure of students and our staff to new people and groups please commit to your child attending for the whole semester when registering for this program. Registration is capped at 15 participants for each offering.
Registration covers the first week’s fee. After the first week the program fees will be billed monthly at a bi-weekly rate.
A discount is available for siblings. However, this option is only for siblings of another student who is registered for the program. K-5 grade students only. Ensure that there is one instance of the Student registration in your cart before checking out. Otherwise, your order will be canceled, and a cancellation fee will be applied.
An Extended Stay option is available. With this option pick-up time will be extended to 5:30pm.
Each program will be available during teacher workdays.
Outdoor Adventures in Learning
Student: $250 per child per week
Sibling: $200 per child per week
Extended Stay Student: $275 per child per week
Extended Stay Sibling: $225 per child per week
Student: $175 per child per week
Sibling: $150 per child per week
Health and Safety
The health and safety of program participants and staff at A Time for Science is a priority. We will be following all recommendations by the CDC to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as we begin to offer programming to the children and families in our community.
We will be:
- Conducting intake screenings for the children as they check in each morning (This screening consists temperature checks and screening questions assessing potential symptoms)
- Requiring all participants to wear face coverings
- Following recommended social distancing guidelines
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces and equipment
- Following a frequent and scheduled hand washing regimen with participants
We ask that you:
- DO NOT bring your child if your child OR anyone in your contact circle is exhibiting potential symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Adults checking in/checking out the participant wear a face covering at the point of contact with staff at A Time for Science.